Botox® Cosmetic (Botulinum Toxin Type A) is a purified protein that is administered in a simple, non-surgical procedure to temporarily reduce mild to severe wrinkles, in people ages 18 to 70+. Botox® Cosmetic is most commonly used for wrinkles and folds in the upper third of the face, including the forehead, between the eyebrows (frown lines), and around the eyes (crow’s feet lines).*
It is also used in and around the lips to improve shape and reduce vertical lip lines, in the chin to improve texture and smoothness, to help turn up the corners of the mouth, as well as reduce lines along the sides of the mouth. Often called a lunchtime procedure, treatment is brief and requires minimal recovery. Visible results may appear within 1 to 2 days and have been shown to last up to 4 months. Individual results may vary. A complimentary consultation is required to further discuss if Botox® Cosmetic is right for you.*
PLEASE: NO TIPPING ALLOWED ON BOTOX OR FILLER TREATMENTS
Earn points with qualifying Allergan treatments and redeem them for savings!
Click here to join the Brilliant Distinctions program.
Botox Frequently Asked Questions
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).*
BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by a healthcare professional as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows. Individual results may vary.*
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.*
Visible results have been shown to last up to 4 months.1 Your own results may vary – be sure to talk to your healthcare provider about what you can expect and when to schedule your next appointment.*
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the physician’s office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment.
Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.*
Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.*
Do not take BOTOX® Cosmetic if you:
- are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic.had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® or Dysport®
- have a skin infection at the planned injection site
You should not be treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic if you have:
- a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome). allergies to any botulinum toxin product
- had any side effect from any botulinum toxin product in the past
- a breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema
- swallowing problems
- bleeding problems
- plans to have surgery
- had surgery on your face
- weakness of your forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows
- drooping eyelids
- any other change in the way your face normally looks
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby.
- are breast-feeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk.
BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic can cause serious side effects. See “What is the most important information I should know about BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic?” in Medication Guide.
Other side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic include:
- dry mouth
- discomfort or pain at the injection site
- neck pain
- eye problems such as double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes
- allergic reactions; symptoms of an allergic reaction to BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic may include: itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you are wheezing or have asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.*
If you do not continue treatments, the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows will gradually return to the way they looked before treatment.*
Yes, individual results may vary. To get the best results, it’s important to go to a doctor who is experienced in administering BOTOX® Cosmetic. You may want to consider choosing a doctor from the BOTOX® Cosmetic Find a Doctor tool.*
Read the Medication Guide that comes with BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic before you start using it and each time it is given to you. There may be new information that is important to you. This information does not take the place of talking with your doctor about your medical condition or your treatment. You should share this information with your family members and caregivers.*
BOTOX® Cosmetic is certainly not just for women. If you are a man and think it’s time to do something about those moderate to severe glabellar lines between your brows, talk to your doctor about whether BOTOX® Cosmetic is right for you.*
- 6% of total BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures are performed on males (313,714 procedures)1
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most popular minimally invasive physician administered aesthetic procedure for males (314,000 procedures)2
*Results may vary from person to person after treatment.