Re-look. Re-think. Re-imagine.
Botox® Cosmetic (Botulinum Toxin Type A) is a purified protein that is administered in a simple, non-surgical procedure to temporarily reduce mild to severe wrinkles, in people ages 18 to 70+. Botox® Cosmetic is most commonly used for wrinkles and folds in the upper third of the face, including the forehead, between the eyebrows (frown lines), and around the eyes (crow’s feet lines).
It is also used in and around the lips to improve shape and reduce vertical lip lines, in the chin to improve texture and smoothness, to help turn up the corners of the mouth, as well as reduce lines along the sides of the mouth. Often called a lunchtime procedure, treatment is brief and requires minimal recovery. Visible results may appear within 1 to 2 days and have been shown to last up to 4 months. Individual results may vary. A complimentary consultation is required to further discuss if Botox® Cosmetic is right for you.
Call 781-821-0707 for an appointment!
Frequently asked questions about Botox
BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by a healthcare professional as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows. Individual results may vary.
Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
- are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic.had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® or Dysport®
- have a skin infection at the planned injection site
You should not be treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic if you have:
-a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome). allergies to any botulinum toxin product
- had any side effect from any botulinum toxin product in the past
- a breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema
- swallowing problems
- bleeding problems
- plans to have surgery
- had surgery on your face
- weakness of your forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows
- drooping eyelids
- any other change in the way your face normally looks
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby.
- are breast-feeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk.
Other side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic include:
- dry mouth
- neck pain
- discomfort or pain at the injection site
- eye problems such as double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes
- allergic reactions; symptoms of an allergic reaction to BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic may include: itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you are wheezing or have asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
- 6% of total BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures are performed on males (313,714 procedures)
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most popular minimally invasive physician administered aesthetic procedure for males (314,000 procedures)